You are at the newest post. Click here
to check if anything new just came in.
Famous People Marijuana Quotes
1. Medical professionals have been in favor of medicinal marijuana.
In a survey of Medscape, a web-based community for doctors and nurses, it had been discovered that three from four doctors and nine out of 10 nurses favor decriminalization of marijuana for medical use.
2. The vast majority of medicinal marijuana prescriptions are for life-threatening conditions.
Lots of people think the medical marijuana movement is definitely an excuse for stoners to obtain legal weed, but according to the La Cannabis Resource Center, 90% of MMJ prescriptions are for AIDS or cancer.
3. Marijuana includes a neurochemical impact on pain.
A National Institute of Mental Health study indicates that rather than just "relaxing" a pain patient or "intoxicating" them, the psychoactive ingredients in marijuana suppress the transmission of pain signals in the brain.
4. Pot can be used medicinally to treat mental health disorders.
Many people consider weed like a medicine for glaucoma and pain, but it's also approved in various jurisdictions to treat mental disorders as varied as Tourette's, depression, anxiety disorders, and even anorexia and bulimia.
5. Medicinal marijuana could be stored without losing its potency for approximately 5 years.
The nation's Institute on Substance abuse performed research that proved that medical-grade pot could be stored at freezing temperatures for up to 5 years without losing any potency.
6. Medical pot could reduce the number of medication-related deaths by 1,000 or even more every year.
The FDA recently released a report that implies that 17 drugs used for symptoms ranging from nausea to pain (that could be replaced with medical MJ) were accountable for 10,000+ deaths between 1997 and 2005, for a price around 1,000 annually.
7. The University of Mississippi has been growing medical cannabis for more than 40 years.
The US government includes a long-standing contract with Ole Miss to grow a number of marijuana products for scientific research. Every year since 1968, researchers at Ole Miss have been growing between 1.5 and 6.5 acres of medical MJ.
8. Legal medical marijuana seems to reduce illegal marijuana use among teens.
The Drug abuse and Mental Health Services Administration has found that in eight of the ten states with legal medical pot laws, illegal use among teenagers has dropped typically 3 %.
9. Smoking grass may reduce your chances of contracting lung cancer.
Despite states the contrary, an in-depth attend UCLA found no association between smoking pot and contracting cancer of the lung, claiming instead that marijuana "may possess some protective effect."
10. Ganja can enhance the defense mechanisms.
Can there be anything weed can't do? Dr. Donald Abrams present in a study published in Annals of Internal Medicine that medicinal marijuana patients had "improved immune function" in contrast to patients who received a placebo.